Join our team as we grow! To apply or for more information, please contact Dave Stumler, dstumler @ ectservices . com or 502-636-2402 ext 120.
Role and Responsibilities
The candidate is expected to be proficient in providing project leadership, subcontractor & installation coordination, technical & commissioning guidance while ensuring excellent project communication and closeout for all assigned control and security system projects. Essentially, the Project Manager is to manage all aspects of any and all Control and Security system projects assigned to them. The Project Manager is expected to meet performance standards as set by the Vice President of Operations and to be a professional self-starter able to develop a dependable track record in project management. Communication being key, the Project Manager is responsible for maintaining regular contact with various Team Members. The position is also responsible for all financial aspects of all phases and activities for his/her projects.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Responsible for financial success of all assigned projects.
- Establish and maintain project schedules
- Attend all required project meetings
- Understand, review and monitor project estimates, scope of work, budgets, and plans & specs
- Read and understand contracts issued to us by our customers, sign and execute to the terms and conditions
- Acquire pricing from subcontractors as required. Additionally, develop and implement all subcontractor contracts & requirements.
- Communication with all project related teams (i.e Internal team, customers, end user, subcontractors, etc.) on all aspects of project related issues
- Accountable for monitoring and managing all aspects of project execution for quality, correctness and efficiency
- Provide all drawings, scope of work and related documentation to appropriate team members
- Review and release all material orders for projects
- Monitor and manage all project associated Change Orders
- Schedule your team of direct and shared resources
- Track, document, and communicate all aspects and issues of project progress to appropriate team members
- Maintain updated wiring diagrams and cable paths for assigned projects
- Develop relationships with Team Members and customers and subcontractors.
- Troubleshoot programs and graphics associated with control system(s)
- Provide start-up, commissioning and training support
- Coordinate all close out documentation and requirements such as as-builts, warranty letters, etc.
- Provide technical assistance to customers and team members
- Review and approve timesheets, accounts payable items and other project related documentation that may be required.
- Perform team member evaluations for your direct reports
- Ability to climb and work from ladders and scaffolding at elevations in excess of 6 feet
- Ability to lift objects and equipment up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to see and hear well (naturally or with correction) and speak clearly
- Coordinate the movement of eyes, hands and fingers
- Stand, bend, and sit
- Must be capable of working extended hours when job/business needs demand
- Some travel may be required
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- This position requires a minimum of 5 year project management experience and the ability to demonstrate practical understanding of electrical, electronic, control and mechanical drawings and schematics, to include reading, analyzing and interpretation of such drawings.
- Strong history and experience with HVAC controls, Building Automation Controls & Integration projects is a requirement (Security and Fire systems is a plus).
- Any experience specifically with Alerton, Johnson Controls, Distech, Siemens Control Systems is a HUGE PLUS!
- A proven ability to operate electrical, electronic and mechanical test and installation equipment including power tools.
- The candidate must be able to understand, troubleshoot and repair electrical, electronic, and electro-mechanical control systems.
- Candidate should possess the mental and mechanical aptitude and ability to design and visualize complex objects in 3 dimensional form, while interrupting the same on design documents.
- Must be very detailed oriented in his/her work ethics.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication, listening and interpersonal skills along with the ability to accurately and calmly handle multiple priorities with interruptions and still meet deadlines.
- Candidate should be proficient in Microsoft Office, MS Project and Accounting Software.
- Candidate should also have the ability to work both independently with minimal supervision or in a team atmosphere, take pride in their work and accepts responsibility.
- This individual should project a friendly, professional attitude towards both internal and external customers and co-workers while building constructive and effective relationships.
- A history of excellent employment attendance, valid drivers license and clean driving record required.
Overtime and occasional out of town travel (and stays) may be required. Training classes may be up to one week at a time. Other opportunities to travel exist for seminars. There may be a few evening functions to attend to enhance your professional career (requiring 2-year contract agreement). A history of excellent employment attendance, valid driver’s license and clean driving record required. We empower Team Members to make decisions that correspond with our vision, mission and core values. Random drug testing is a policy for All ECT team members ECT Services is a small business, so our motto is “whatever it takes”.