ECT Services is seeking to fill positions for Building Automation and Security System installers & technicians. We’re looking for candidates to be working on our team with clients and subcontractors to ensure that all projects are completed on time and on budget.
These roles will require you to perform installation of the system infrastructure, wire support systems, cabling, and conduit on Building Automation (also called Temperature Controls) and / or Security System Control Projects. You will also install panels, controllers, field devices & components of the systems, and provide all final termination of the cabling to ensure a complete installation and functional control system.
Either of these roles will also provide you the opportunity to work with the programmers and commissioning agents to test and troubleshoot the systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read, review and follow project related documents such as blueprints, drawings, project scope, budgets, deadlines, and sequence of operation for proper execution requirements
- Installation and termination (and addressing) of panels, controllers, field devices, cabling and other components of the Building Automation Control Systems.
- Install & connect power to equipment, panels, and components as required
- Label any and all installed wiring
- Troubleshoot and repair circuits, wiring, devices, and networks (know how to use a multimeter)
- Installation of conduit and cabling management & support infrastructure systems
- Work with Programmers and commissioning agents to test and troubleshoot system operation
- Provide trust & leadership to your whole team… and the customer!
- Coordinate material and ordering requirements with Project Managers
- Maintain & manage your material stock for the project… as well as your equipment (such as tools, ladders, drills, gangbox, etc)
- Build & wire microprocessor control panels for all projects (in-office or in-field)
- Update As-built drawings as needed
- Attend job site meetings to represent & discuss work flow, scheduling and progress
(For Security Technicians) Installation of security systems required, knowledge base consisting of:
- 12VDC and 24VDC power supplies
- Door strikes, door magnetic locks, mortise locks, panic bars, delayed egress, etc.
- Door contacts, SPDT, DPDT, Balanced contacts, bonding sensors (on mag locks), battery backups, load calculations, etc
- Handicap buttons, proper interlocking with timing relays to delay power door opening to prevent strike from sticking to latch.
- Access Systems, IP camera, IP Intercoms, Intrusion System,s hardware installation experience.
- Familiarity with Matrix Switches, Multiplexers and DVR’s.
- Understanding of and interaction with LAN and WAN systems as a part of an overall security installation.
(For Temperature Controls Technicians) Installation of HVAC automation systems required, knowledge base consisting of:
- 24VA power supplies, and VA power consumption requirements / limitations
- Analog and binary outputs and inputs
- Binary controller addressing
- AHU’s, package equipment, split systems
- Chillers, boilers, cooling towers, pumps
- FCU’s, terminal units, VAV boxes
- Valves & dampers (and actuators)
- VFD’s, air flow measuring sensors, temp sensors, static, air quality sensors
- Safety shutdown components (LTD and FA),
Candidate should have electrical experience (120VAC, 12VDC and 24VDC)… preferably with low voltage control systems (Temperature controls and / or Security systems), including experience with ladder logic, relay logic, controllers, and field controllable devices. Any experience with Siemens, Johnson Controls, Alerton, Honeywell, Automated Logic, Lenel, or Genetec products, systems & networks is a plus.
This position requires a high school diploma or higher degree of education & training. A Journeyman or Master electrical license is a plus, but not required. Knowledge of electrical codes is expected. The candidate must be able to learn and follow sequence of operations for projects in this industry. It is necessary that the candidate be very detailed oriented in their work ethics and have a good leadership aptitude. To be successful, the candidate should have the ability to accurately and calmly handle multiple priorities (with interruptions) and still meet deadlines. Candidate should be creative, and a self-starter with good organizational &time management skills. The candidate must possess great communications skills, both written and verbal. It will be expected that the candidate can work either independently, with minimal supervision, or in a team atmosphere. We expect people to take pride in their work and accept responsibility with a friendly & professional attitude.
Candidate should be able to work overtime and out of town occasionally (approx. 30%). There may also be travel and overnight stays associated with required training’s or classes. A history of excellent employment attendance, valid driver’s license and clean driving record required. Background checks and random drug screenings are required for employment. ECT Services and industry associated safety plans will be adhered to. All necessary tools to perform required tasks for this position are to be provided by team member. ECT will replace tools as wear and tear appears.
Those interested in applying, send Resume… Call… or Email:
Contact David Stumler
Cell = 502-664-6584