Building Automation System Controls Programmer
We are actively seeking a qualified DDC Tech / Programmer / System Integrator to join our team, with experience using the Alerton, Distech, Tridium and Niagara platforms. This individual will utilize programming tools, standards and procedures, and their knowledge of building systems and applications to develop program instructions for DDC controllers and graphical front-end user interfaces. The BAS programmer will work alongside Project Managers, System Engineers, and Field Installers to fulfill the project requirements. Programming will include setup of user interface and/or browser based systems using Tridium/Niagara. The ideal candidate will be able to incorporate a sequence of operation into a device and/or workstation application that meets all project requirements. The BAS Programmer is responsible for creating such computer programs by converting project sequencing requirements into code as well as modifying, troubleshooting and repairing existing programs for commercial HVAC environmental control systems. This role will additionally require system integration along with control startup & checkout, commissioning and project closeout.
ECT Services background:
ECT Services was established in 1981 and is a diversified technology leader, serving customers throughout Kentucky and Indiana with Building Automation HVAC Controls and Security System products, systems, and services for their buildings. ECT Services installs and services the systems that help keep buildings and facilities comfortable, safe and secure. Our mission is to provide excellent customer satisfaction and maintain relationships by providing quality installations. We set the bar high for excellence in our industry and pride ourselves in maintainability and sustainability of our integrated systems. Our standards have been adopted as protocol with our customers, architects and engineers.
- Job Type:Full-Time
- Experience Level: Entry Level – Experienced
- Location Louisville, KY
- Salary: Dependent upon experience
- Company Benefits available: Health, Dental, Simple retirement IRA, paid vacations and Major holidays, along with short term and long term disability options.
- At the highest level, program Building Automation Systems.
- Convert project requirements into computer program code… use Direct Digital Control (DDC) code creation for: sequencing, trend logs, zones, alarms, reports, back-up, and graphics.
- Confirm program operation by conducting tests and modifying program sequence.
- Coordinate details & time-frames of the startups with mechanical/electrical/general contractor on site.
- Must verify functionality of DDC controlled components.
- Must perform equipment and system testing, installation, inspection, troubleshooting and problem determination, control panel wiring and checkout, and repair of computer automated control systems.
- Startup and commissioning will consist of field device inspection, testing and calibration, hardware operation verification, software configuration programming and testing of equipment sequence of operations.
- Performing service and repair on existing DDC systems.
- Utilize a multimeter for advanced system diagnostics and tracing out wires & circuits
- Preparing and submitting any required commissioning documentation.
- Documenting all changes related to as-built drawings.
- Assists personnel with solutions to systems problems, either troubleshooting the system or advising others on how to resolve problems.
- Provide consistent and clear communication with internal and external customers.
- Provide technical guidance throughout development, construction, and project commissioning phases of projects.
- Lead and manage the coordination of integration activity and providing technical support of DDC based hardware and software including working with other engineers to create and/or verify control and integration point lists.
- Conduct graphics engineering functions which include: creating graphics submittal packages as required, reviewing graphics as a completed package, for completeness and accuracy, develop and maintain graphic library, and participate in solution of job-related graphic problems.
- Creating and maintaining backups of customer databases in accordance with company procedures.
- Set up and configuration of PC Workstations, user interfaces, data servers, IP Networking devices, protocols, routers, switches, mass storage devices and hubs. Confirms proper network performance.
- Coordinate startup services: Work with customer’s IT Department to coordinate network drops, ip addresses, and monitoring tools. Work with equipment vendors to coordinate communication protocols and any requirements to integrate with their systems.
- Train customers on system operations.
- Attend routine progress meetings with the client, vendors or subcontractor to discuss project updates, concerns, and resolution of issues.
Qualifications & what you need to be successful:
- We are looking for someone who easily adapts to new worksites and projects quickly, as priorities can change based on workflow and urgency of customer need.
- Understand this is a hands-on technical position that requires use of a laptop, hand tools and multi-meter performing startup and commissioning of computerized temperature control system, which controls HVAC equipment such as roof top units, air handlers, VAV boxes, heat pumps, chillers, pumps, cooling towers, boilers, heat exchangers.
- Experience with BACnet, LON, Modbus, Alerton, Distech, Visio, Tridium, Niagara, or other Building Automation Systems is a requirement.
- Technical school or Associates degree (2 year) preferred, although a combination of education and experience will also be considered.
- Above average computer skills required
- Strong attention to detail.
- Field experience in service & repairs of HVAC equipment.
- Working knowledge of electrical systems, low voltage controls & building automation systems.
- Strong communication and customer service skills, oral and written.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical drawings, control drawings, wiring diagrams, specifications, sequences of operation, and installation and operation manuals.
- Analytical thinking and technical ability for the troubleshooting of device failures and or control wiring problems.
- Commercial HVAC and/or Mechanical Systems knowledge a plus.
- Experience with electronics and basic electrical circuits.
- Positive and professional attitude
- Must have the ability to work without direct supervision.
- Willingness to learn new HVAC controller lines, software and new concepts.
- Experience in block or line programming.
- Computer networking and Wireless Experience is a plus.
- Valid driver’s license, a good driving record, and a reliable vehicle with proper insurance
- Frequently travel to out-of-town work assignments with occasional over-night stays
- Able to pass drug screen & security clearance required by clients.
- Willing to work flexible hours as needed.
To apply, please contact David Stumler at (502) 636-2402 (Ext. 120) or firstname.lastname@example.org.