Join our growing team!
The primary function of the CAD Operator is to design project documentation in the form of control drawings, floor plans, presentation drawings, and asbuilt documents. The CAD Operator must be a creative, self-starter, detail oriented individual with good organizational and communication skills. This position is the key to maintaining accurate and quality drawings/documentation.
This position requires that you perform the following (but not limited to):
- Prepare layouts, drawings and designs according to engineering specifications using AutoCAD software.
- Analyze designs and confers with engineering & necessary team members to resolve details which may not have been completely defined.
- Work with engineers regarding the review & accuracy of the design, drafting standards and documentation.
- Adhere to the existing company file management structure for all AutoCAD drawings & projects (both electronic and hard copies).
- Provide direction and guidance to less experienced CAD Operators.
- Coordinate w/ the engineer to obtain floor plans in AutoCAD format for current projects.
- Continue to streamline the “design to CAD” process and implement time saving techniques.
- Understand and manipulate AutoCAD features such as blocks, sheet sets, X-refs, title blocks & templates, modelspace & paperspace, import & convert files (and familiarity with other revisions of AutoCAD).
- Complete the asbuilt drawings at the end of the project.
- Keep informed on AutoCAD and related technologies and advancements.
- Understand and follow existing workflow practices for the company.
- Develop an understanding of temperature control & security control systems.
- Track work progress on company project tracking sheet & stay within budgeted hours per project.
- Ability to see, hear, speak clearly, walk, sit for long periods, and use hands to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, telephone, etc.
- Ability to view a computer screen for long periods of time.
- Must be capable of working extended hours when job/business needs demand
Qualifications & Competencies
- This position requires a Degree in Computer Aided Drafting & Design. In addition, the preferred candidate will have 5 years of AutoCAD experience.
- Knowledge or experience with Temperature Controls & Security Controls and/or Fire Alarm systems designs a strong plus.
For more information, or to apply, please contact Mike Berger at 502.636.2402×104 or email is firstname.lastname@example.org.