Role and Responsibilities
The candidate will be working as a team with fellow ECT Team Members, clients and subcontractors to ensure that all projects are completed on time and on budget. This role will engage you in the installation of the infrastructure, wire support systems, cable, and conduit on Building Automation Control Projects. You will install panels, controllers, field devices & components of the systems… and provide final termination of all cabling to ensure a complete installation of the control systems. This role will also have the opportunity to work with the programmers and commissioning agents to test and troubleshoot the systems. Finally, as we empower our Team Members to make decisions that correspond with our vision, mission and core values… this person is expected to meet performance standards as set by ECT Services, demonstrate initiative, and take ownership of their projects.
The System Install Technician position performs the following (but not limited to):
- Read, review and follow project related documents such as blueprints, drawings, project scope, budgets, deadlines, and sequence of operation for proper execution requirements
- Installation and termination (and addressing) of panels, controllers, field devices, cabling and other components of the Building Automation Control Systems.
- Install & connect power to equipment, panels, and components as required
- Label any and all installed wiring
- Troubleshoot and repair circuits, wiring, devices, and networks (know how to use a multimeter)
- Installation of conduit and cabling management & support infrastructure systems
- Work with Programmers and commissioning agents to test and troubleshoot system operation
- Provide trust & leadership to your whole team… and the customer!
- Coordinate material and ordering requirements with Project Managers
- Maintain & manage your material stock for the project… as well as your equipment (such as tools, ladders, drills, gangbox, etc)
- Build & wire microprocessor control panels for all projects (in-office or in-field)
- Update As-built drawings as needed
- Attend job site meetings to represent & discuss work flow, scheduling and progress
- Ability to see and hear well (naturally or with correction) and speak clearly
- Coordinate the movement of eyes, hands and fingers
- Stand, bend, and sit
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 75 lbs.
- Must be capable of working extended hours when job/business needs demand
Candidate should have electrical experience (120VAC, 12VDC and 24VDC)… preferably with low voltage control systems (Temperature controls, maybe even Security systems), ladder logic, relay logic, controllers, and field controllable devices. Any experience with Siemens, Johnson Controls, Alerton, Honeywell, Automated Logic, etc. systems and controllers is a plus. The ideal candidate should also be proficient with computers & Microsoft Office software applications, and possess a networking knowledge base.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
This position requires a high school diploma or higher degree of education & training. A Journeyman or Master electrical license is a plus, but not required. Knowledge of electrical codes is expected. The candidate must be able to learn and follow sequence of operations for projects in this industry. It is necessary that the candidate be very detailed oriented in their work ethics and have a good leadership aptitude. To be successful, the candidate should have the ability to accurately and calmly handle multiple priorities (with interruptions) and still meet deadlines. Candidate should be creative, and a self-starter with good organizational &time management skills. The candidate must possess great communications skills, both written and verbal. It will be expected that the candidate can work either independently, with minimal supervision, or in a team atmosphere… have take pride in their work and accept responsibility. Per our culture, we expect a friendly, professional attitude towards both internal and external customers (and co-workers)… while continuously building constructive and effective relationships.
Candidate should be able to work overtime and out of town occasionally (approx. 30%). There may also be travel and overnight stays associated with required trainings and classes. A history of excellent employment attendance, valid driver’s license and clean driving record required. Background checks and random drug screenings are required for employment. ECT Services and industry associated safety plans will be adhered to. All necessary tools to perform required tasks for this position are to be provided by team member. ECT will replace tools as wear and tear appears.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to apply for this position.