At ECT Services Inc., as an Integrated Service Technician you will be a troubleshooter and service expert on various low voltage systems such as video surveillance, intrusion alarm, access control and fire alarm systems. This position is responsible for addressing and alleviating any concerns the customer may have regarding a security or fire alarm system within their facilities. This position will be required to perform periodic maintenance and inspections of all types of fire and security equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Locate and alleviate trouble with damaged equipment or wiring.
Readjust equipment, repair or replace inoperative equipment and test for operation.
Read blueprints, building, electrical, and sprinkler plans to complete equipment repairs.
Prepare trouble order forms to report temporary repairs.
Coordinate inspections and/or installations with police, fire departments, or other appropriate agencies.
High school diploma or GED
Technical Degree preferred
Certified to test Fire Alarm Systems in Kentucky preferred
Minimum 10 years of experience installing and inspecting/repairing Integrated Security and Fire Alarm systems. EST and or LENEL (preferred) or comparable product line.
- Advanced knowledge of the principles of electricity, electronics, complex and highly integrated electronic systems;
- Extensive and demonstrated knowledge of the installation, maintenance, repair, upgrading, integrating, troubleshooting and testing of electrical and electronic systems;
- Knowledge and ability to interpret and work with blueprints, drawings, technical manuals, handbooks and other technical documentation as well as the ability to evaluate and correct technical problems;
- Knowledge and skills in field engineering, and final commissioning and training;
- Specialized knowledge of the following or similar systems is preferred: Lenel, Axis, Bosch, Zenitel, Tridium Security, GE, Genetec, Avigilon, and Honeywell.
Excellent communication skills.
Strong troubleshooting background
Electrical background is highly desirable
Valid driver’s license required.
- Must pass background check and drug screening.
- NICET Level 3 Certification highly desireable.
- Electrical background and knowledge of electrical materials
- Successful experience with complex enterprise integrated systems installations
- Must be able to work independently, as well as within a team
- Strong organizational and time management skills with an ability to establish priorities and proceed with objectives with little supervision
- Proficiency in systems applications and Microsoft, Microsoft Office with Microsoft Windows and other related computer applications
Systems Related Knowledge–
- LENEL Systems, Axis Communications, ZENITEL IP Intercoms, GE Security, Bosch Intrusion Detection Systems, Bosch RPS and hardware and Software installation experience.
- IP video security systems and camera installation
- Familiarity with Matrix Switches, Multiplexers and DVR’s
- Relay logic / PLC background
- Advanced knowledge of electric lock hardware installation IE… mag-locks, strikes and electrified rim exit devices
- Strong computer skills (all Microsoft products)
- Understand and interact with LAN and WAN systems as a part of an overall security installation
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Must be able to travel up to 30% of the time or as job requires
- Must pass background check and drug screening.
- Maintain a Department of Defense SECRET security clearance.
- Must be able to lift 75 pounds
- Must be able to handle and properly use common power and hand tools
Job benefits include-
- Competitive hourly wages
- Employee Matching Program up to 3%
- Health plans for the employees and dependents
- 15 days paid vacation/personal leave
- Laptop and Cell Phone
- Product Certifications and Vocational Assistance programs
- Excellent Career Advancement potential
Physical Demands – The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Work Environment – The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to apply for this position.